Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Our Newest Addition, Hunter Theone

You might have heard the saying that goes something like "you have so much crap to do so you take a nap instead". Well I have been such a slacker and have so much to update on, I'm just not going to do it! But I will give you an update on how our newest addition arrived.


 
The last trimester of pregnancy was great! besides the normal peeing every 5 minutes and constant heart burn, I felt great. I didn't get that big so I never got the waddle or aches and pains most women get (we can thank my height for that!). My due date was April 26th, which was a Friday.  On the Thursday before my due date I noticed some light cramps but thought nothing of it because they were  mild and off and on throughout the day. Friday morning we had a non-stress test that confirmed to me that those cramps were contractions. The doctor said it was very common to get those and everything was fine so I brushed it off and went back to work. I got off at 5:00 and Ben and I went straight to eat at a Chinese restaurant we had been wanting to try. We sat at our table and I said I was going to time the contractions more out of curiosity to see how close together they were. I freaked out because they were 5 minutes apart for more than an hour! I was so excited I could hardly stand it!...until they started slowing down and getting irregular. Then disappointment started settling in. My mom got here late Friday night, or should I say early Saturday morning? The contractions were still irregular but slowly getting stronger so I knew I was making progress. Saturday went by like this and I kept getting texts from Ben saying "is it time yet?!?!?!" haha I think he was a little excited (that or he really wanted to get out of work). We sat around eating dinner around 6:00 and at this point they were strong enough that I had to concentrate to get through them and they were 1 and a half minutes apart so I started freaking out again and told my Mom and Ben that we better get to the hospital because I did NOT want to have this baby in the car! FINALLY the time has come! They get me in my gown and strap the non-stress test around me and check me to find out that I'm only at 3 cm.  They had me walk around the hospital for an hour to see how I progressed but I didn't progress enough so they sent me home. I cried all the way home! I was so disappointed! I was having back labor that had kept me awake all night and made it impossible to get any relief throughout the day so my original plan to have a natural delivery was thrown out the window. After 3 days of pain, I was so ready for that epidural. We get home at 10:00p.m and at 2:15a.m we went back up to the hospital. I remember feeling so mad at Ben for driving so slow because sitting in the car hurt so bad, when the only thing that got me through the pain was getting on all fours and arching my back.....and let me tell you, that is hard to do in the car!! I got admitted at 3:00a.m and finally got my epidural that I basically begged them for. 6 blissful hours later I was holding my precious 7 lbs12 oz 19.5 inch baby boy! I was able to do skin to skin with him right after he was born and am so glad we were able to start his life in the warmth of my arms.



Just getting home from the hospital



 

No comments:

Post a Comment