Friday, September 6, 2013

4 month old baby boy

My baby boy is 4 months old!! He is getting so big so fast. We had is 4 month check up and everything went well. He is 15 lbs, 15 oz and 25 1/2 inches long putting him in the 75th percentile. I thought for sure he was going to be in the 100th percentile just because everyone is constantly telling me how big he is! Maybe it's those adorable chubby cheeks :) that make him look so chunky:). He got his shots this month and its the saddest thing to watch. The day after his shots he had a fever for the first time in his life. He was a little more fussy, but didn't hold back with his smiles and giggles.

Our pediatrician told us we could start him on purees. ALREADY!! I don't know if I'm ready for this! But we tried it out and it is taking him a while to get used to eating from a spoon, but he is doing pretty well. He likes his squash but hates his peas!

Squash face= ya, sure

Peas face= No thank you!!
Hunter was becoming very attached to his Paci. Not just that he wanted it now and then, but it had gotten to the point where he was waking up 10 times on a normal night crying for it. That means I had to go into his room every 30 mins to an hour to put it back in his mouth. I was getting NO sleep and couldn't keep doing this every night, so we decided to let him cry it out. I am definitely not a fan of the cry it out method and said I would never do it. But there really wasn't another way to do it so we gave it a try. The first night, he cried for a long, long 20 minutes and fell asleep. He didn't wake up again until 4:30 to eat and went right back to sleep without his paci, waking up at 8:00. That has NEVER happened, I was so happy! I haven't gotten that much sleep since .... I can't remember haha. The second night he only fussed for about 5 mins and has been fine going to bed without it since. Naps on the other hand have been hard. Ben and I are softies and after he had been crying for 30 mins we gave in and gave him his paci. We decided to try a different method for nap times. We cut the tip of his paci off a little each day so he learns to not like it himself. It has worked like a charm! after a few days of doing it this way, he now goes down for naps without it and will fuss sometimes, but he is getting better. He wakes up happy every time now and the only way I know he is awake is when I hear him playing and talking in his crib.
 
Hunter is over his grunting, screeching stage and is now in a whisper stage. He found his D's and will whisper ewes, awes, and das, and play with his tongue. If I didn't know any better, I would think he was chewing on something in his mouth, but its just him playing with his tongue.
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Brian hated his peas too but now he loves them. Love the pea face lol

    ReplyDelete